Police and safety

Keeping our communities safe and informed

19 services found

Online alarm payment

Alarm payments are now offered online.

Submit online police report

If this is an emergency, call 911! Community members are able to submit a police report online for certain crimes or incidents. You cannot report stolen vehicles or vehicle crashes online.

Access Fire and Police Disability and Retirement benefits portal

Fire and Police Disability and Retirement (FPDR) members use the portal to view and update information about their retirement profile and benefits structure.

Alarm permits

The City of Portland requires both residents and business owners with alarm systems to maintain an annual permit with the city.

Bid online auction items

The Portland Police Bureau has partnered with GovDeals.com to sell unclaimed property left at the Portland Police Bureau's Property and Evidence division.

Drug complaint

The Drugs and Vice Division aims to reduce crime and improve neighborhood livability in the community. Members of the community can assist in this effort by reporting drug complaints and concerns.

Property or evidence release

The public can retrieve their property from the Property and Evidence Division under certain conditions.

Provide a crime tip

Crime Stoppers of Oregon offers cash rewards of up to $2,500 cash for information, reported to Crime Stoppers, that leads to an arrest in any unsolved felony crime and tipsters can remain anonymous.

Public safety education and resources

Receive trainings, resources, and services regarding crime prevention and public safety.

Report graffiti

If you witness property defacing and would like to report it. There are many ways to report graffiti.

Request a police report or record

To submit a public records request or check the status of an existing public records request.

Request materials on Vision Zero traffic safety

Help others learn about Vision Zero by requesting pins, stickers, brochures, fliers or yard signs. You will receive your materials by mail.

Request public records exemption

Individuals may submit a written request to a public body not to disclose sensitive information of an individual in legal matters.

Sex Offender Registration

All registered sex offenders must register within the county in which they reside. Sex offenders must register within 10 days before or after their birthday, residence change, or school change.


City Risk Subrogation pursues parties who damage City property. We recover the cost of repairs, or take legal action for non-payment against parties at fault. We work with City bureaus to identify the costs, then engage the district attorney, insurance companies, and citizens to recover those costs.

Update contact information for Fire and Police Disability and Retirement benefits

Fire and Police Disability and Retirement (FPDR) members can update their phone number, address, email, family status.

Variance of city noise ordinance

For activities that make more noise than our Noise Code allows, or if your construction project takes place outside permitted construction hours, then you will need a noise variance.