Thank you for helping us test the site. If you need the current site, please visit

Garbage and recycling

Look up your provider and learn about conservation

7 services found

Any person collecting commercial solid waste within the City must obtain a commercial collection permit.

How to arrange for loaner equipment and signage from the Portland Event Recycling program

Request assistance from a business sustainability adviser who can provide free guidance and resources to your organization around recycling, compost and waste reduction; energy and water efficiency, and sustainable transportation.

Promote your workplace's commitment to sustainability and the community by becoming Sustainability at Work certified. Certification is free for all businesses, nonprofits, and government workplaces located in Multnomah County, within Portland City limits.

The Ombudsman is your Rose City watchdog. We are here to make sure City government treats Portland residents and businesses fairly. We investigate complaints and identify ways to resolve them. As part of the City Auditor’s Office, we’re independent and impartial.

Low-income and health condition related households can apply to increase their trash disposal capacity at no cost.

Disabled residential customers who are unable to carry garbage, composting, or recycling carts to the curb because of a health condition may apply for this service.