Apply for an annual nonprofit parking permit
Nonprofits may apply to the Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) for an annual parking permit to be used for official agency business that could not be done without a special pass. Only 501(c)3 organizations may apply. Permits are not intended as a substitute for off-street parking.
This application should take 10 minutes to complete.
Check your eligibility
Only 501(c)(3) organizations, as defined by the IRS, are eligible to apply.
Gather supporting documents
You will need to provide the following with your application:
- Proof of nonprofit status - Letter from the IRS stating the agency’s status as a 501(c)3 organization
- Statement of purpose - A written statement on organizational letterhead to demonstrate:
- Your organization’s current status as a charitable organization
- That your organization provides broad-based services that benefit the community at-large
- That use of private vehicles is necessary to perform services
Print out and complete application ahead of time
You may download, print out, and complete your application before you arrive. Extra forms are available in our office if you need. Download here:
Visit our customer service center
This location accepts cash, check, money order, and credit cards. Checks or money orders should be made payable to City of Portland. Visit our customer service desk at:
Contact us with any questions
Need help with your application or have questions?
Contact PBOT's Parking Permit team here: