About the PSC
General information about the commission.
The PSC is committed to effective public involvement and leadership in its work and in the decisions it considers. Its charge is to act for the benefit of the people of Portland, and commissioners develop recommendations they think will make Portland a better city. They do that by holding public hearings and discussing issues and proposals.
A national leader in both city planning and sustainability, the City of Portland is guided by the Planning and Sustainability Commission (PSC), which is composed of 11 volunteer members with expertise in a range of areas. As a group, they have a variety of viewpoints, and together they work to balance and optimize the goals of the City.
- Jeff Bachrach, Attorney, Bachrach Law — term ends 5/31/2021 (first full term)
- Katherine Schultz (Vice Chair), Architect, GBD Architects — term ends 5/31/2021 (first full term)
- Chris Smith, Interactive Marketing, Xerox — term ends 5/31/2021 (last term)
- Mike Houck, Executive Director, Urban Greenspaces Institute — term ends 5/31/2021 (last term)
- Ben Bortolazzo, Partner, Director of Planning & Design, OTAK — term ends 5/31/2021 (first full term)
- Oriana Magnera, Climate and Energy Policy Coordinator, Verde — term ends 5/31/2023 (first full term)
- Eli Spevak (Chair), Owner, Orange Splot LLC — term ends 5/31/2023 (first full term)
- Daisy Quiñonez, Youth Commissioner — term ends 9/30/2020 (last term)
- Steph Routh (Vice Chair), Principal, Steph Routh & Team — term ends 5/31/2023 (first full term)
- Katie Larsell, Executive Director, Oregon Unitarian Universalist Voices for Justice — term ends 5/31/2023 (first full term)
The PSC meets regularly, unless otherwise notified, at 1900 SW 4th Ave, Room 2500, second floor:
- Second Tuesday of each month, 12:30 p.m.
- Fourth Tuesday of each month, 5 p.m.
Meeting agendas are published in the Metro section of The Daily Journal of Commerce before each meeting. Agendas are also posted to this website approximately 7-10 days before each meeting. Individuals or groups may ask to receive the agenda, either via email or hard copy, by contacting staff at email@example.com or 503-823-6041. For items noted as a “Hearing” on an agenda, public testimony will be taken.
All PSC meetings are video recorded, and minutes are taken. Completed meeting minutes are posted to this website, along with documents and presentations from PSC meetings, and are available approximately 3 days following each meeting in the City of Portland archives.
Meetings are live-streamed on BPS' YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/c/portlandbps.
Full-length video of PSC meetings is shown starting the Friday after each meeting on cable Channel 30:
- Fridays at 3 p.m.
- Tuesday at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday at 7 a.m.