What is Fix-It Fair?
The Fix-It Fair is a FREE City of Portland event where you can learn simple ways to save money and connect with resources. Join your neighbors and talk to the experts about how to spend less and stay healthy.
Looking for ways to save money on your utilities? Talk to experts from Energy Trust of Oregon, Pacific Power, and other utilities for simple weatherizing tips or assistance with your bills.
Do you live in an older house and have concerns about lead or other toxics? Get your blood checked for lead and pick up a kit to safely find and remove lead from your home.
Want to grow your own food but have a small outdoor space? Learn how to grow food in containers, create a year-round garden, add natural fertilizers to get the most food from your plants, and invite beneficial insects to keep your garden healthy.
Have you been thinking about biking, walking or taking transit to work but need help getting started? Pick up maps, talk to route planners, learn basic bike care tips and more to get you on your way safely and comfortably.
Check out the Facebook page for the latest information: https://www.facebook.com/FixItFairPDX
What you'll find at a Fix-It Fair
Ongoing exhibits and hourly workshops on such topics as:
- Water and energy savings
- Safe and healthy home
- Food and nutrition
- Neighborhood and community resources
- Weatherizing your home
- Gardening and growing your own food
- Yard care and composting
View upcoming event pages for a full list of featured partner organizations.
- Repair Café: Bring one item to be fixed by a Repair PDX volunteer, while learning how to do it yourself. (Volunteers will do their best, but do not guarantee a complete repair.) You may bring a small countertop appliance, such as a toaster, or an article of clothing.
- Free lead blood testing
- Free giveaways
- Hourly door prizes
- Free professional childcare
- Free lunch
- Free minor bike tune-ups and flat tire repair for students and families
Get reminders and notifications about upcoming fairs by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.