Environmental Services will accept public comment on proposed revisions to the City’s Stormwater Management Manual (SWMM) and Portland City Code Title 17.38 from 8 a.m. May 18, 2020 through 5 p.m. June 19, 2020.
Proposed 2020 SWMM
The proposed 2020 SWMM and changes to Title 17.38 are posted at www.portlandoregon.gov/bes/2020SWMM along with several guides summarizing the changes and how to comment.
The SWMM includes requirements for stormwater management and applies to development activities that construct or alter impervious area. It applies to some paving projects in the right-of-way and any parcel-based development on properties. The SWMM also includes protections for drainageways on private property. Title 17.38 is the section of City code that authorizes the SWMM, the City’s Maintenance Inspection Program, and its Source Control Manual. These stormwater requirements enable the City to comply with regulatory requirements and to protect both watershed resources and infrastructure investments.
Opportunities to learn more about the changes
Registration is required at any of these online presentations.
- Wednesday May 20, 2 p.m. Register here.
- Thursday May 21, 10 a.m. Register here.
- Thursday, June 4, 10 a.m. Register here.
Presumptive Approach Calculator (PAC)
Environmental Services will hold a public hearing by request only from 4-5 p.m. Thursday, June 4, 2020. BES must receive a request to hold a public hearing no later than 5 p.m. Wednesday, May 27 or the hearing will be canceled. A cancellation notice will be posted at www.portlandoregon.gov/bes/2020SWMM. To request a public hearing, contact Ivy Dunlap at 503-823-7754 or email BESStormManual@portlandoregon.gov.
How can I comment on the proposed changes?
- To comment on the SWMM, use the SWMM online comment form or email the SWMM Excel comment form to BEStormManual@portlandoregon.gov.
- To comment on the proposed changes to Title 17.38, email the Title 17.38 Excel comment form to BEStormManual@portlandoregon.gov.
- By email to BEStormManual@portlandoregon.gov.
- By phone to Adrienne Aiona at 503-823-2051.
- By mail to City of Portland Bureau of Environmental Services, Attn: SWMM Team, 1120 SW 5th Ave., Suite 613, Portland OR, 97204. (Response times may be slower.)